Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Justice for Hey! Say! JUMP

Remember the times before 2013 when Hey! Say! JUMP barely have any Singles released? Well, they are now rolling in that category amazingly. In 2011, I was a die-hard fan of JUMP but a very disappointed one because unlike other Johnny groups, JUMP barely gets media coverage or new releases. I can't believe I survived 2 years being super dedicated to them. 

The management for JUMP was also pretty disappointing. It was like a demonstration of how having 9 members is impossible to fit into one songs with each one having a solo and also camera shots for the PVs. I swear, I was literally crying when I heard glimpse of Okamoto Keito and Inoo Kei voices in some of the B-side tracks before 2013. There is a rumor that the management of the time was Iijima.... her fraction is definitely known to leave out certain idols and promote specific ones in a group. The group that this is most relevant in is Sexy Zone (poor Matsushima and Marius). Of course the appearances of JUMP being with Arashi does indicate that they now belong to Julie Kitagawa management so... All the members are ensured a solo in all the releases from now on. Yay! This part of the fraction in JE definitely make the impossible, possible. Also help JUMP boost in sales now too. 

With all members getting their own solo lines, looks like Inoo-chan is becoming more of a front man with his sweet girly voice. I do like this actually. His voice helps balance the vocal gaps between Chinen, Yamada, Daiki, and Hikaru. Before his entrance, I swear, some of the songs had voices that were screeching the hair cells of my ear. Keito on the other hand is likely to be among the 2nd verse guys like Yabu, Takaki, and Yuto. I don't mind because this section can sing clearer than most of the members in the above section. Honestly, I enjoy the vocal combination of Yuto, Keito, Takaki and Inoo. I feel like that is JUMP's strongest lineup. But of course, the management for idols would never base their production solely on quality. That's why there is still Yamada as the center. (He has a beautiful voice though, almost like the guy version of Flower's vocalist Washio Reina). 

Anyways, I am glad there is finally justice done for JUMP, I swear I would have gone crazy if I spent a 3rd year knowing I have to live on a Live DVD release for the year only. But then again, I began digging 三代目 J Soul Brothers in 2013 so....I wouldn't have been that dedicated. I am not even that crazy about them anymore even though I still watch their appearances on Variety Shows and listen to some of their recent releases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment